Search for a Library | Opening Times | Suspend or Remove Library from Rota
The Locations button allows you to search for a library's code and contact information by its name. It also is where you may enter the days your library is open and closed and where you suspend your library from appearing in Rota configurations when closing for holidays, vacations, or for renovations. To initiate a Location search, click on the Locations button along the left-hand side of the VDX ILL Request Search screen.
Figure 58: Locations Button
Search for a Library
Enter part of a library?s name in the Search box and click the Search button.
Figure 59: Library ILL Code Search
The search results in a list of all of the libraries with the search term as part of their name. (See Figure 60)
Figure 60: Library ILL Code Search Results
- To view the complete information for a library, click the details button.
- To perform another search, click the Search button at the top of the screen.
The normal open and closed days for your library are specified in this section.
- An open day is one in which the library is ?open? for business.
- A closed day is one on which the library is normally closed.
Note: All school libraries have been automatically set for a Monday through Friday workweek.
To set your library's open and closed days, follow these steps:
- Click the Edit Own button along the top of the Location Search page and scroll to the Opening Times section near the bottom of the Location page.
- Enter yes/no to indication which days of the week your library is opened or closed then click the Save button. Note: Requests will still be sent to locations on closed days. However, closed days will be excluded from calculations e.g. when calculating the number of days your library has to respond to an ILL request.
Figure 61: Opening Times
Suspend or Remove Library from Rota
If your library is planning to close for a week's vacation or for a small amount of time for renovations, or your library is closing for the summer, you may suspend or remove your library temporarily from the Rota. Note: While suspended from acting as a potential responder, your library may retain the ability to place ILL requests, if necessary. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Location Search screen, click on the Edit Own button at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Location screen to the Local Holidays area.
Click the New Holiday
button. (See Figure 62)
Figure 62: New Holiday button
- In the Description box enter Thanksgiving, Christmas, Renovations, Vacation, etc.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date, using the pop-up calendar, or enter the dates manually in the format shown in the example to the right of the pop-up calendar.
- Use the down-arrow to the right of the Closure Type box to select Suspended - Requesting OK, then click the Save button or Save & Close button. (See Figure 63)
Note: If you are closing for renovations and do not know the exact dates, you may select Suspended - Requesting OK with no dates in the Start and End Date boxes. Your suspension will go into effect after clicking the Save button. When your library reopens, login to VDX, click on Location, Edit Own, and empty the Closure Type box and click Save so that your library may once again be a Responder.
Figure 63: Rota Suspension